Keyboard key is used to educate merchants about keyboard shortcuts.
Use to list a related set of keyboard shortcuts.
Put the merchant first by identifying the problem they face and the component that helps them solve it.
Some merchants, particularly power users, may want to find ways to speed up their workflows.
The keyboard key component demonstrates how to speed up work using shortcuts.
The keyboard key component should:
- Include a heading to introduce and explain the shortcuts being described when more than one shortcut is listed
- Include an action label to describe what will happen if merchants use the key combination
Headings above the keyboard key should be:
- Informative and descriptive
- They should label the type of keyboard shortcuts being presented
- Concise and scannable:
- Use simple, clear language that can be read at a glance
- Keep headings to single sentence and avoid using punctuation such as periods, commas, or semicolons
- Avoid articles (the, a, an) to keep content short and actionable
- Be written in sentence case (first word capitalized, the rest is lowercase)
The shortcut description should describe what action will be taken if merchants tap certain keys. When a hotkey combination takes merchants to a location in the interface, the format should be: