Use when an element needs to be available to assistive technology (for example, a screen reader) but otherwise hidden.
This component is no longer supported. Please use the Text component instead.
Mapping to the Text component
- <VisuallyHidden> - <Heading>Title and description</Heading> - </VisuallyHidden> + <Text visuallyHidden variant="headingMd" as="h2">Title and description</Text>
Visually hidden should:
- Not be used if semantic markup can make content understandable to people using assistive technology
- Be used to provide extra context when semantic markup isn’t enough
- Be used on any content that is normally present but is being omitted
- Make sense in context when used with a screen reader
The visually hidden component styles text so that it’s not visible, but it is available to assistive technologies like screen readers and other text to speech programs.
The component shouldn’t be used to hide interactive content.