Use form layout to arrange fields within a form using standard spacing. By default it stacks fields vertically but also supports horizontal groups of fields.
Use to stack form fields vertically, which makes them easier to scan and complete.
<FormLayout> <TextField label="Store name" /> <TextField type="email" label="Account email" /> </FormLayout>
Put the merchant first by identifying the problem they face and the component that helps them solve it.
Merchants need to fill out information across Shopify.
The form layout makes forms easier to scan and complete because it stacks fields vertically on the interface.
- Be considerate of a merchant’s time and privacy by only asking for information that’s required
- Group related tasks under section titles to provide more context and make the interface easier to scan
- Follow a logical, predictable order—for example, always ask for first name first, and last name second on forms
Form section title
Section titles should be:
- Informative and descriptive: they should label the type of content grouped in the section
- Concise and scannable:
- Use simple, clear language that can be read at a glance
- Keep section titles to 1 or 2 words and avoid using punctuation such as periods, commas, or semicolons
- Avoid articles (the, a, an) to keep content short and actionable
- Be written in sentence case
Enter details about your business
A label is a short description of a field. Labels are not help text, and they shouldn’t be used to provide instruction, but they should be meaningful and clearly indicate what is expected. Labels should be:
- Placed above or beside the form field
- Short and succinct (1–3 words)
- Written in sentence case (the first word capitalized, the rest lowercase)
What is your email address?
My phone number is:
Help text provides extra guidance to people filling out a form field. This text is easy for people to ignore, so merchants should not need to depend on it to fill out a form. As with all forms, help text should be succinct and easy to read.