Headings are used as the titles of each major section of a page in the interface. For example, card components generally use headings as their title.
Use for the title of each top-level page section.
<Heading>Online store dashboard</Heading>
Put the merchant first by identifying the problem they face and the component that helps them solve it.
There are lots of different sections in the Shopify product and sometimes it can be hard for merchants to orient themselves.
Headings clearly remind merchants where they are in the product and help frame the interface.
- Clearly describe the section of interface they refer to
- Highlight the most important concept or piece of information a merchant needs to know
- Sit at the top of the section of interface they’re referring to
Headings should be:
- Informative and descriptive:
- They should label the type of content grouped in the interface below
- Concise and scannable:
- Use simple, clear language that can be read at a glance
- Keep headings to single sentence and avoid using punctuation such as periods, commas, or semicolons
- Avoid articles (the, a, an) in microcopy headings to keep content short and actionable
- Write in sentence case (first word capitalized, the rest is lowercase)
Microcopy headings should be easy for merchants to scan and understand instantly.
These are your custom reports
Conversational headings for areas like empty states and home cards are the only cases where you should use articles.
Secure your account with two-step authentication