Display styles make a bold visual statement. Use them to create impact when the main goal is visual storytelling. For example, use display text to convince or reassure a merchant such as in marketing content or to capture attention during onboarding.
Use this size sparingly and never multiple times on the same page.
<DisplayText size="extraLarge">Good evening, Dominic.</DisplayText>
Put the merchant first by identifying the problem they face and the component that helps them solve it.
When all the typography on Shopify is the same size, it can be hard to tell a story visually.
Display text can be used thoughtfully to create an impact and make a bold statement.
- Use when the primary goal of the page is communication rather than interaction.
- Use larger display text sizes when a page is focused around a single message. In these cases it may be paired with an illustration.
- Use smaller display text to pair with larger text, or alone as part of more complex data displays such as dashboards.
- Be benefits-driven and focused on information that is most important to merchants
- Concise and scannable:
- Use simple, clear language that can be read at a glance
- Keep display text content to a short sentence that’s just a few words in length
- Avoid using punctuation such as periods, commas, or semicolons
- Avoid using exclamation marks—display text already makes enough of a statement without an exclamation mark
- Written in sentence case