Caption text size is smaller than the recommended size for general reading. It should be used only in a graph or as a timestamp in a list.
Use to provide details in situations where content is compact and space is tight.
<List> <List.Item>Order #1001 <Caption>Received April 21, 2017</Caption></List.Item> <List.Item>Order #1002 <Caption>Received April 22, 2017</Caption></List.Item> </List>
Put the merchant first by identifying the problem they face and the component that helps them solve it.
Merchants need to understand a complex graphic or arrangement of content in a small area.
Use smaller text for short labels on graphs or lists where space is limited.
- Use for secondary labels in graphs and charts
- May be used for timestamps in lists of content
- Don’t use this component for other cases
- Don’t use this component for text longer than a few words
- Don’t use this component for aesthetic effect or to break from the standard text size
Captions are primarily used in data visualizations. Stick to a few words and don’t use this component for complete sentences or longer content.
Use caption for labelling data visualizations
Received April 21, 2017
Order #1001 was received on April 21, 2017
This is your recent activity